Posting up

Thursday night was freeking gorgeous outside, 54 degrees on January 11th. That’s a fucking win. Great day for a run outside. It was a little wet but I slogged out 4-miles around the neighborhood. I'm using a Garmin Forerunner 230 my beautiful wife gifted me for christmas. I love it! Battery life is 10x the 235. Check out that temperature!




My neighbor decided to take a family vacation (lucky them) to sunny south Florida. We’ll call my neighbor Dave. Anyway Dave and I exchange hellos when we see each other outside, other than that we don’t have a deep rooted relationship. We don’t go out drinking, his kids are all grown-up, I don't know anything about Dave, we are in different places in our lives. 

Davey boy comes over some random morning before I leave for work to tell me he’s taking a vacation, great I tell him, as I try to close the door on him (I’m very neighborly). I wonder what he wants? I didn’t actually close the door, but he’s standing in my garage looking up at me and I’m trying to get to work. He asks if I can keep an eye on the house and if I could snowblow the driveway. Sure I tell him, as I rush him out, I gotta get to work. 
What the hell, kind of an inconvenience but I figure I could easily hit his driveway right before he comes back, trouble is, and I didn’t think about this at the time, I don’t know when he’s comes back. 

Some things I should have found out:    
1) When’s homey coming back  
2) What is actually expected  
3) His contact info

It’s been like a week and a half since he stopped over. I think he asked me Tuesday January 2nd or that Wednesday. I’ve given it the college try since then and it hasn’t snowed that much, I’ve had to snowblow twice. Suddenly an unexpected warmup occurs, it’s 54 on Thursday, 58 on Friday, amazing! His driveway looks better than fucking ever. Where is this guy? Please come home, Dave.


Friday comes and goes, another garbage day in my cycle of life (trash day is Friday), still no Dave. I look at the forecast and...



View from my front door.. say no more Dave, I got you.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts