There Can Only Be One


I’m driving in my wife’s Toyota Highlander, damn there’s a lot of these on the road. So you know how jeep drivers waves to each other and motorcycleist give each other a wave too. What if the suburban mommys said wud up when passing each other their highlanders. It’s like hi, I see you there white XLE, nice choice! Or daaamn Look at that Limited Hybrid, they must have money.

Im driving the wife’s car because she has my Passat, she loves it, I love it, the kids love it! Really it’s a great fit for our family. I’ve had the car for a week now, it’s a 2017 Passat SE. it has a sunroof and the LED Lighting package which comes with LED Head and Tail lights and some extra chrome. I think it looks sharp. Fog lights too if I ever get caught in the fog. I choose this over Camry and Accord because I feel like VW has a unique kind of coolness. It’s the car for the grownup hippie, while Camry and Accord are your run of the mill suburb dad car.


What I love:

  • Apple CarPlay 
  • Backup cam
  • Interior is modern and clean
  • The radio and hvac are super intuitive 
  • All windows have auto down auto up
  • Push start
  • Easy to drive with ample power
  • Sound is ok to good after messing with the EQ


Dislike:

  • The faux leather seats trap heat under ass
  • Wishing for cooled seats 
  • It’s been hot af lately 

That’s it, there’s my 1-week review. Gas mileage is average at 28mpg on regular unleaded. 5-year old has no problem buckling himself. 2yo handles business. Wife takes it all the time and I’m left waving at other moms in highlanders.


Later gator.




Comments

Popular Posts